Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colony Park 3-1 Huntly

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike McBain

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Colony Park 3-1 Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Colony Park 3-1 Huntly   Colony Park 3-1 Huntly Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:18 pm

A good game o fitba played by baeth teams and Colony jist shaded it cos o they were stronger fan it mattered. The pitch was quite big so goal mooth action was limited fae baeth teams but James was the busier o th 2 keepers and he pulled off some good saves 2nd half.
1st half Colony started the better. The pitch was fine and hard so the bounce was difficult and Colony had 2 tricky forwards. Neal missed clearin a high ba and Colony raced through and scored, 1-0. Minutes efter the same thing happened again but Colony put it wide. As the half wore on we dealt alot better wi Colony's threat and came intae the game oorsells. Wi gained alot o possession and kept gettin closer to an equiliser that came late in the half fan Liam was brought doon in the box and Gary stepped up and stroked hame the penalty, 1-1 half time.

2nd half started badly when Colony scored immediatly fan (in my opinion) Gary should hav got his fit on the ba but Colony seized on his hesitation and pushed through to gie James nae chance wi a good finish, 2-1. The game opened up a bity efter this wi baeth teams gien as good as the ither, we played alot o good fitba but couldna get enuff shots at their keeper. Probably oor best 2nd half effort was a Craig freekick jist ower the bar and Colony scored their 3rd late in the half when we were pushin we exposed oorsells a bit at the back and Rory was 1 on 1 wi their big striker who showed better strength and got in to mak it 3-1 final score.

We maybe deserved something fae this game cos we played really well but like I said afore Colony's stength ower the pitch made a big difference as we are quite a wee side really. I think we could(or should) hav din better wi a 3 o their goals but we can tak plenty positives fae the game cos o the way we played. At the end the loons seemed dissapointed to get beat cos I think they caent they were unlucky. Gary got the players man o the match again at left back. I'm goin to mention the ref aswell cos I think he was the best ref we've had a season. He was allways speakin to the loons, explainin his desicions and encouragin them fan ever there was a good pattern o play or if somebody did something well.

team1 JAMES EVANS 2 NEAL WEIR 3 RORY STEPHEN(c)4 STEVEN SINGER 5 GARY MCWILLIAM 6 ROSS MACKIE 7 IAN TATTIES 8 MATHEW HENDERSON 9 DARREN MANSON 10 LIAM DONALDSON 11 MATHEW SKYNER subs...CRAIG GREEN, CONNER MCWILLIAM, LUKE MCNEIL
JAMIE GOODALL.....UNAVALIABLE, GROUNDED Sad
Back to top Go down
IanCruickshank

IanCruickshank

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Colony Park 3-1 Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colony Park 3-1 Huntly   Colony Park 3-1 Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:29 am

Played well boys, unlucky
Back to top Go down

Colony Park 3-1 Huntly
Page 1 of 1