Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Colony Park v Huntly 14's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ade Inglis

Ade Inglis

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Colony Park v Huntly 14's Empty
PostSubject: Colony Park v Huntly 14's   Colony Park v Huntly 14's Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:52 am

Today we travelled to Inverurie to take on Colony Park in the Scottish cup. After good performances of recent weeks we aimed to build upon, we surprisingly got off to a slow rather sluggish start to the match today as both teams battled to gain early territorial advantage. As the half wore on Huntly began to create the better chances, the best being Aidan Bowie's rifled drive crashing off the crossbar after good work by Billy Blanchard on the edge of the box. Many other chances were made and scorned by us before a mix up with our defence saw Colony stroll in and gain an undeserving halftime advantage. half time 1-0.
Second half saw Huntly take a good grip of the game with better performances all round and soon we were level after Liam Ferguson slammed home the rebound of a James Brooks shot to make it 1-1. Then an inspired substitution by the coach (ha,ha) saw Matthew Anderson, only on the pitch for a matter of seconds before he rose high to head home a Andrew Munro cross to score with his first touch of the ball.1-2.
With the lads now having so much possesion and in complete control of the match we really should have held on despite seeing so many chances go a begging via poor finishing in front of goal. Again we were made to rue all those missed chances after Colony hit back on a rare break which proved a disasterous goal for us to loose. Full time 2-2.
Despite more of the same in extra time we were unable to find the net and clinch the result our overall performance deserved,with the match now entering the dreaded penalty kicks to decide who went on to the next round, it proved just not to be our day in front of goal eventually losing 3-2 on penalties. Crying or Very sad Mad
Overall a bad result from our point as we really should have had this game to bed as early as half time but then again it's only the ones which hit the back of the net that count in this game. I refuse to have a go at the lads though as we cannot fault their attitude and general play but we really do need to work on being more ruthless in front of goal. I think Colony have their keeper to thank for their progression as he was outstanding rushing off his line to double up as sweeper on many occasions. For us good performances from Ritchie Gibb,Jack Duncan,Lee Inglis,Aiden Bowie (again) and James Brooks and a debut from Muir Gregor,but Huntly's man of the match again goes to Liam Ferguson who worked tirelessly throughout and was involved in everthing good for us.

Todays team:-1/Jordan Ogg 2/Ritchie Gibb 3/Aidan Bowie 4/ Jack Duncan 5/Lee Inglis 6/James Higgins 7/Andrew Munro 8/Liam Ferguson 9/Aiden Bowie 10/James Brooks 11/ Billy Blanchard 12/Muir Gregor 14/Evan Cranna 15/Daniel Cameron 16/Matthew Anderson.
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Colony Park v Huntly 14's   Colony Park v Huntly 14's Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:05 am

The League's still there to be won!

Dont like penalties, (Alan G will know what I mean)

Last edited by a.h on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alan G

Alan G

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Colony Park v Huntly 14's   Colony Park v Huntly 14's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:46 am

Aye, A H, I DO know what you mean! I also sympathise with the 14's aswell, because mine and Craig's new club (Middlefield Wasps Under 15's) also exited the Scottish Cup on Sunday as a result of the DREADED penalties! We lost 4 - 2 on pens to Culter Rovers, after totally dominating the game, but ending up only drawing 2 - 2 after extra time, despite leading 1 - 0, and then 2 - 1 during the game! Still, there is definite signs of us improving all the time, the parents etc, have commented on this aswell. We look forward now to sunday when Craig makes his (second) debut for Middlefield away to Turriff in the League (he's absolutely DESPERATE to play, having sat out the last 2 weeks and only getting the last 10 minutes in his last game for Huntly against Banchory, 3 weeks ago).

All the best to Adrian and the 14's (especially "Fergie", who I worked with last season) for the rest of the season.

Alan G.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colony Park v Huntly 14's   Colony Park v Huntly 14's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colony Park v Huntly 14's
Page 1 of 1