Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike McBain

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 am

Well I'm nae sure far tae start wi todays game. I think it better to start wi the fitba, oor loons were excellent, we came back from 2 goals down and played great fitba right through out the game. Cove thought they were comin to walk ower the head of us. We had 3 good chances to score early on and Cove got the 1st wi a long range cross that flew ower James's head. 0-1. Cove quickly scored a 2nd with another long range shot. 0-2. We kept playin fitba and got our reward when Jamie played a great ba through for Gary McWilliam to stroke the ba hame. 1-2 half time.

We started the second half on fire and scored almost immediatly. Jamie put in a peach o a free kick fae the left, Liam just missed it but Ian Cruickshank came in behind and forced it hame. 2-2. Cove were gettin rattled, we were now in full flow and gettin in behind them all the time and Greg Morrison scored the goal of the game wi a thumpin shot fae 25 yds that flew past the keeper. 3-2. We got our 4th when Jamie Goodall followedup when the keeper spilled a shot and he side footed it hame. 4-2. The last 10 mins we kept it tight, James had to make a couple of saves but nothing to hairy. 4-2 full time.

Every loon worked his socks off theday. The team spirit was excellent, they fought for every ba, oor passin and runnin off the ba caused them heaps o problems. Defence was rock solid, Cove's 2 goals were baeth speculative long range efforts, midfield started slowly but picked it up after the 2 goals went in and up front we were strong, moved brilliantly off the ba and never gave Cove a minutes peace. Today was all aboot how we played as a team so there's nae a man of the match cos they all deserve it for a great display.

Right onto the other stuff aboot today. I thought Cove's attitude was a disgrace today. When they were winnin all there loons took great delight in tellin us what the score was. One loon was mouthin to me at the side so I gave him a bit of banter back but at the end his Mam said I was intimidating him and swore at him. Hand on my heart I never swore at him he swore at me. Off the ba they were kickin oot at our lads when we got on top of them. Just like to say aswell that i dinna think oor loons were doin anything oot of order, the ref certainly never spoke to oor loons aboot there conduct. Cove had 3 booked and 1 sent off, all for kickin oot off the ba. Cove's parents werna happy wi us for shoutin for throw ins, corners, fouls etc but surely at any level of fitba your gonna shout for desicions. They werna happy either when we pointed out to the ref about 1 instance of kickin oot when the ref's back was turned, at the side we are there to protect the loons as well as coach them and surely if a Huntly loon did that they would have pointed it oot to the ref aswell. Sportsmanship went oot the window too when twice they never gave us the ba back when we were in possession when we played it oot for injuries. I'm nae angel but me Mark and Caire all would be disgusted if Huntly boys acted the way Cove did. At the end the players wouldna shake hands either If adults hadna been there it would hav been a riot, once again I dinna think our loons were at fault. Cove's coaches did shake hands so credit to them. The carry on disna tak nothin away from how well we played today.

team 1 JAMES EVANS 2 NEAL WEIR 3 DANIEL ASTRIDGE 4 CRAIG GREEN 5 RORY STEPHEN 6 IAN CRUICKSHANK 7 GARY MCWILLIAM 8 GREG MORRISON 9 LIAM DONALDSON 10 JAMIE GOODALL(c) 11 DARREN MANSON subs LUKE MCNEIL,ROSS MACKIE,CONNOR MCWILLIAM,GRANT SCOWEN
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:02 am

Mike, is that the Cove team that won "Champion Street" in the summer that Insch have an unbeaten record against, or Cove United?? Obviously I cannot comment on this (Im dying to) as the red card will be up for discussion at the next meeting.
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:04 am

should add, if it is the Cove team proper - that is some result for you boys, they are headed for the A League and like I say were unbeaten in the Aberdeen Champion Street in the summer!!
Back to top Go down
Alan G

Alan G

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:10 am

Aye, fantastic result Mike, Mark, Claire and boys! Well done to you all, and nice to see you don't rise to the typical Cove tactics, etc. No surprise fae me, to hear how they reacted to the defeat, etc.

I'm still looking out for all the Huntly Youth teams results, even though I'm nae involved with Huntly Youth F C anymore, and obviously I want them all to do well!

Alan G.
Back to top Go down
Mike McBain

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:50 am

ah it was Cove BC, the best of the Cove teams. The ref had a good game and he could have sent off some of the others, I think he did his best to gie them the benifit of the doubt. I hope all the Aberdeen teams winna be like that!!
Back to top Go down
the silencer

the silencer

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:45 pm

well done boys, a terriffic result matched by a good performance with lots of good skill, fight and determination on show. the team spirit showed through and you all kept your heads and discipline and that deserves much praise.now the hard part is keeping performance level going every match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly 4-2 Cove BC   Huntly 4-2 Cove BC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huntly 4-2 Cove BC
Page 1 of 1