Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works

Go down 
+20
Huntly Diehard
Huntly Don
Jamieson
davie1
Serbia and Montenegro
JMO
Brian
shaun the sheep
Alan G
a.h
kathleen
Shrek
Bhoy Wonder
bankie jimbo
shaunyboy69
Graeme
Bovril Mars Bar Please
FooF
Andy J
huntlyfc
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan G

Alan G

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:19 pm

As "my mob's" (A H's words, not mine!) game today against Formartine 16's, (I've no idea either why it was changed), is off as usual due to council pitches here in the toon being water-logged yet again! I will be able to watch my beloved Huntly (for only the 5th time this season) against our bitterest rivals from the Dark Side. As folk would imagine, I am delighted at getting the chance to do this and will be in attendance at Christie Park (I never turned my back on my club!!) this afternoon to watch what I hope will be a good game, with of course a good result / performance from Huntly.

Here's hoping anyway!

Alan G.
Back to top Go down
shaun the sheep

shaun the sheep

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:24 am

poor game by both sides today, but it`s the result that matters,good goal to win it ,what a poor loser Cormie is refusing to shake our managers hand at the end of the game. santa
Back to top Go down
Brian

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 am

Quote :
I am representing the North of Scotland in Midlothian Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_smile

What a great representative Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 am

Another great result today lads. I'm sure we would have been happy with a point but to grind out 3 is fantastic. With the top two winning it was important to get something today. Disapointed with our tatics towards the end,we are much better than that.
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

Number of posts : 1524
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:31 am

LOCOS SPOT THE DIFFERENCE COMPETITION - Part 8

Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Shake_10Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Shake_11

Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Shake_12Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Dc1110Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Handsh10

A Huntly win v Locos
To upset Big Red's plans
Poor old Mr Grumpy
Wouldna shake McGinlay's hand
Back to top Go down
JMO

JMO

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:34 am

the locos board looked very embarrassed that cormie refused to shake hands with McG.

thought we played very poor but we won the game which is the main thing, a few good saves from Brems kept us in it. At times i feel McG should be making changes alot sooner than he does.
Back to top Go down
Shrek

Shrek

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:35 am

bankie jimbo wrote:
Another great result today lads. I'm sure we would have been happy with a point but to grind out 3 is fantastic. With the top two winning it was important to get something today. Disapointed with our tatics towards the end,we are much better than that.

Must agree wit bankie about the tactics at the end wish we went for the kill and got anotha goal!!! cant comment to much on the match as only managed to mke second half but from what i saw it was adire game with a draw bein a fair result but managing to steal the win was brilliant!!!
Back to top Go down
Serbia and Montenegro

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 6:50 am

in my opinion theres nothing wrong with timewasting tactics, at the end of the day if we didn't do tht and lost a goal, everyone would say we should have been timewasting
Back to top Go down
Shrek

Shrek

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 am

forgot to add dont understand the two changes made 5 mins afta half time as i heard ewen was playing well n dorrat is always a threat for the wing!
Back to top Go down
davie1

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: good luck   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:24 am

hi there how u all doing for sum strange reason i seem 2 look 4 u results now good win 2 day
Back to top Go down
Jamieson

Jamieson

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:44 am

I'm a fan of Rusty Dorrat but he had a mare today looked uncomfortable for some reason on the right and wisna is usual robust self apart from clunking the keeper

the change was to stop going down to 10 if Dorrat mistimed another tackle !!

double change was maybe tactical as Mikey was drifting away from the box and maybe McG wanted something diff from Andrzej

time wasting we didna do it that well as we kept losing the ball but if we had gone for another goal and then left door open and gave one away we would all be moaning
Back to top Go down
Huntly Don

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:23 am

Think ur being hard on Mcginlay, for me Ewen was pretty ordinary in the 1st half, ok he never got much support, but he couldn't have been tired at half time anyway. At know time did he show any urgency, or try and put any pressure on their defence or opposing keeper. The 1st half was dire, but the 2 subs Mcgin made in the 2nd half changed the game, we were then in the ascendency after that, we started putting them under more pressure and probably just shaded it in the end. Thought Gray was the stand out player in the midfield his passing and use of the ball was superb. All in all a good 3 pts.
Back to top Go down
Jamieson

Jamieson

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 am

have to agree with Huntly Don apart from comment re Grayser (and I'm a fan)

but today

he was sloppy with passing at times, especially first half (who wisna) but came onto a good game in second and this allowed Soane to influence things better

I think tactically Locos had the better of it in first half, Bisset followed Soane all over for first spell to try and nullify him and they seemed to outnumber us in the middle of park

then they switched things around and didna do so well the subs did change things BUT is that not what subs are supposed to do .....................

also pleased Dave made changes early as thats one thing i feel is done too late sometimes subs need to get into pace of game to effect change and thats what happened today
Back to top Go down
Shrek

Shrek

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 am

as i said earlier i ddnt c first half and was going on what i was told. but all iv gt to say is it was a fantastic win!!
Back to top Go down
Bhoy Wonder

Bhoy Wonder

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 am

A worthwhile wee trip up after that result! Certainly an improved performance on the game a fortnight ago! Pretty close between the two sides throughout, but its taking chances that wins you games and thats something we succeeded in today when Locos failed to do so. The subs in second half certainly mixed it a bit and changed the game a bit for me. Some decent spells of possession which provided the opportunity required to break the deadlock. Hopefully this spell of decent results continues!
Back to top Go down
Serbia and Montenegro

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:37 pm

does anyone know y ross mckenzie was dropped for the last couple of games anyway?
Back to top Go down
Jamieson

Jamieson

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 pm

struggling with groin injury I hear
Back to top Go down
shaunyboy69

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 5:04 pm

i heard different jamieson... i heard that mcginlay thought his form had dipped so dropped him
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/SAR-SFC
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:51 pm

shaunyboy69 wrote:
i heard different jamieson... i heard that mcginlay thought his form had dipped so dropped him
If he was injured story over. If what shaun is saying is true it didnt help playing him left back at the shambles that was auchinleck. With dropping rosco after that it looks like he was made scapegoat. Why are we just talking about this now? It takes away from a great result which "most " of us on hear wanted.
Back to top Go down
JMO

JMO

Number of posts : 384

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:51 pm

i heard a different story from being injured and a drop in performance. i heard it was because he missed training twice this week due to work commitments and McG wanted to give a chance to the players who attended. It would be a bit unfair to those players who attended to start on the bench. I think as we have a bigger squad than in the past we need to rotate alot more to keep everyone happy.

At the end of the day we won the game which is the main thing.
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Great result, ok not the best of games but it was 3 points against the team from the Garioch. It was a game that looked like it was only going to have 1 goal in it and Ross took his goal well. Big Dorrat, I would think was taken off instead of walking, ref Tommy would have made sure of it !
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Shrek wrote:
forgot to add dont understand the two changes made 5 mins afta half time as i heard ewen was playing well n dorrat is always a threat for the wing!

Mikey picked up a knock first half
Back to top Go down
Huntly Diehard

Huntly Diehard

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:36 pm

good win yesterday, players worked hard for it.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Post Match Reaction   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 am

can now be found on the usual section.

two bonus interviews to follow
Back to top Go down
MARTIN

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 am

The only good thing to come from yesterdays match was the three points.I am a great believer in playing your best team,especially against one of the top teams,clearly Huntly didn't do that.Don't know who told Shrek that Ewen was playing well but they must have been at a different game to me,his positioning and runs are all wrong and his effort to close down is non existant.If Fraser was supposed to be playing up front then he was at times 20 yards too deep,the strikers need to be much closer together for flick ons and to link up with each other,strikers need to work as a pair!Dorrat seems to be struggling to me(maybe still struggling with injury),he doesn't drive at opponents like he was doing earlier in the season and the game seemed to pass him by.On the positive side the game changed with the introduction of Brownhill and Andrez,especially Brownhill who seemed to get the rest of the team going with his effort and his ability to create things.Andrez is the opposite to Ewen in that his positioning and movement are very good and when he is on Huntly look like they can score.Brems very solid again as was Si and Soane.As for moaning about running the clock down,it is the right thing to do,Huntly just need to learn to do it better!What is the point of chasing another goal only to leave yourselves open to a counter attack?Things are going relly well at the moment lets hope the best team gets selected every week then im sure Huntly won't be far away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works   Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huntly v Inverurie Loco Works
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next