Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly

Go down 
+11
FooF
Shrek
bankie jimbo
thegoldentaxidriver
shaunyboy69
mickyg
MARTIN
Shona
huntlyfc
a.h
Bovril Mars Bar Please
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

Number of posts : 1524
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:51 pm

I think the guys owe it to themselves, the manager, and the fans, to put in a big performance against the Locos on Saturday.

Nine straight wins at Harlaw and all will be forgiven !
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:06 pm

tricky wrote:
Like micky g i dont post that often but last night was a complete joke any cross that came into the box caused problem in our defence it was a joke they scored from 2 corners and it was the same both time and could of had a 3rd if it was on target. i was at the loco's vs vale game on saturday and locos score 2 of there 3 goals for set plays. i think bad things are on the way this weekend!!!

Time for Big Brems to make a comeback methinks.

Just the boost we need after yesterday's gubbing.
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:03 am

THE CURSE

Eight straight wins at Harlaw
When AH was a fan
Now he thinks we'll lose it
As there is no more Hassan

'Down Harlaw way' was genius
He's posted that elsewhere
Helped Huntly win the League
Of that we're now aware

We all know quite different
The wins belong to us
Won in the heat of battle
Not spectators, now surplus

So listen all ye turncoats
As Locos fear the worst
Hello to Huntly's nine wins
Goodbye to AH curse.

Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Blood_10
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:36 am

Bovril Mars Bar Please wrote:
THE CURSE

is that supposed to be me Bovril?
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:45 am

Its a visual simile...Definition:

A simile is a comparison between two different things, designed to create an unusual, interesting, emotional or other effect often using words such as 'like' or 'as ... as'.
Common comparisons are with the qualities associated with animals (as sly as a fox, as brave as a lion, etc.).

Here endeth Bovril's literary lesson for the day.
Any more questions AH ? Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:13 am

a.h wrote:
Bovril Mars Bar Please wrote:
THE CURSE

is that supposed to be me Bovril?

yeah, after Steven Park got hold of you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
Shona

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:48 pm

yeah, after Steven Park got hold of you! Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: team lines   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:22 am

now posted to the updates feed - 4 changes to starting XI from midweek
Back to top Go down
MARTIN

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:30 am

Still no Brems,i can see a transfer request coming!
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:02 am

That was worst than going shopping with the wife
And then getting the credit card bill
Back to top Go down
mickyg

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:11 am

i would like 2 know who dose the paper work at the club because they should be busy this week with transfers and hopefully a new maneger position
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:45 am

MARTIN wrote:
Still no Brems,i can see a transfer request coming!

Brems for Turra Smile
Back to top Go down
shaunyboy69

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 am

ah get to ****, he's nae that desperate

Last edited by huntlyfc on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swearing in post)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/SAR-SFC
thegoldentaxidriver

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 am

As Martin has previously said on another thread, Huntly FC have over achieved this season when you take the level of overall performances into consideration.

It's now time for Steve Paterson to return to Christie Park.
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:47 am

The worst performance I have saw from a team at harlaw in donkeys years. Why no redford of booth???????????
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:14 am

bankie jimbo wrote:
Why no redford ?

take a listen to the Manager's audio
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:30 am

huntlyfc wrote:
bankie jimbo wrote:
Why no redford ?

take a listen to the Manager's audio
It looks like he has been made a scapegoat. Well done to Alan to admit what he did. We did not look like we were going to get anything today and it showed. The constant changes of the team do not help.
Back to top Go down
MARTIN

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:44 am

For anyone who hasn't listened to the interviews from the game,please have a listen!
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:03 am

MARTIN wrote:
For anyone who hasn't listened to the interviews from the game,please have a listen!

Last edited by huntlyfc on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image removed)
Back to top Go down
Shrek

Shrek

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:51 pm

wow mcgin is so stubern!!!!!!!! why no brems afta hastie let in 5 in midweek just shiws it is personal between them!!!!!! Brems dont do anythng stupid stay at club every1 wants mcgin gone before u!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Shrek wrote:
wow mcgin is so stubern!!!!!!!! why no brems afta hastie let in 5 in midweek just shiws it is personal between them!!!!!! Brems dont do anythng stupid stay at club every1 wants mcgin gone before u!!!!!!!!

Oooh Shrek.
Naughty naughty !!
Here comes the edit button !
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 pm

couple off poor goals to lose today from set pieces, mo did what he did a lot for us in his time at the club an got a goal from a corner, something we have lacked this season mikey came on an played well again, with the way he played he maybe should have been taken on slightly earlier than he was, can't understand how andrez an mginlay were givin 75mins to make something happen and mikey in games is only giving little over 50mins, good to see cooms get near to an hour today an dorrat also get a game after not played in a few games
Back to top Go down
Shona

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Having listened to the audios, yes the Manager picks the team, however it is very naive of all concerned to think that supporters will never question team selection, its all part of supporting your team and will never change.

The supporters I have spoken to all say that Hastie is not a bad keeper, however Brems has a couple more weapons at his disposal. It seems that almost every position has been changed/rotated whatever you want to call it, except the goalkeeping position. Surely you utilise the best talents at your disposal for each game you are facing.

Agree there is a lack of confidence in the team, looks like a lack of passion and fight as well.

"All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes "

"Never give in! Never give in! Never, never, never, never"

"Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts"
Back to top Go down
Moggie

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Got to agree that Mikey doesnt seem to get the same chances as the other strikers, I thought changes were required yesterday early in the second half as we did not look like scoring. Guildy came on and made a difference but we needed Mikey upfront as he would have got in behind big Mo and co and get on to Guildy' passes.

Got to go back to the GK situation and I am sure it always will until Brems returns to the fold. There is a lack of noise and organisation at the back which showed again yesterday. No-one can tell me that it the reason for Brems not playing is not personal - its nothing to do with freshening things or giving others a chance. Every Huntly supporter cant be wrong. Can they ??

Management is not easy, but you can make it easier by picking the best team availabe. You live and die on your decisions. Which way will McGin go ?
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:08 am

Maybe I'm just getting old grumpy and possibly stupid.
But can someone please explain the tactics and selection in the last few games ?
This so called rotation policy has rotated us in ever decreasing circles and down the plug hole.
I'm a firm believer in playing the best side every week.In Huntly's case there are 6 or 7 obvious first picks.
This includes Neil Reid and Si Scott.And if they are back from paternity leave or suspension they go straight back in the side , not on the bench.
I could rant on about the last few games but lets just talk about the Locos game.
McGinlay and Andrej up front when they have never played together as a striking pair? And boy did it show.A fine time to experiment !
And what about Mr dependable Alan Redford..dropped altogether ?
Are you kidding me ? And then to add insult to injury CoCo gets injured and Dorrat is brought out of the bar into the squad ahead of Redford.
And Boother is dropped altogether as well , a fine reward for my sponsorship.
And as for the Brems saga the point made above about rotation in every position except the keeper is well made.
Hastie has done OK but he is not a leader and an organiser at the back.
Brems has character and know how and that has been badly missing in the last few games.I also think he is much better at dealing with crosses.
We are reaching the run in to the title and this character and know how is vital at this stage.That's exactly why Greg Carroll brought Brown in from Vale.
And what do we do with all the character and know how we have at our disposal.We stick it on the bench.
Every single supporter I have spoken to has major issues with the way that the team is being selected at the moment.And its rare to get such a strong consensus.
But as Dave McGinlay has said ,quite rightly ,he selects the team.
So it does not matter how much I moan and see it differently, its his call.
But what I do say is that he has to be judged on results.
He has put us in with a great chance of winning a title and deserves credit for that.
But to see that blown apart by 5 abject performances resulting in two fortunate wins and three bad defeats is very hard to take.
Especially when,in my view, a major contributing factor has been the Ranieri style tinkering with the squad.
Anyway Dave , its nothing personal, I just dont think you know what your doing at the moment.
And I'm old grumpy and stupid so you don't have to worry about anything I have to say.
Now where did I put my hearing aid ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly   Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inverurie Loco Works v Huntly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next