Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deveronvale v Huntly

Go down 
+15
shaun the sheep
George
Jamieson
Danny
Alan R
Fraser Newlands
SAM
kathleen
FooF
a.h
shaunyboy69
Moggie
Andy Troup
bankie jimbo
huntlyfc
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Deveronvale v Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 4:29 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Vale game   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Any plans to move the kick-off or the game to friday night.
Back to top Go down
Andy Troup

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Deveronvale have approached us to move the game to the Friday night but we will be bringing this up with the players on saturday.
There is one big problem with doing this and that is that it will clash with the Boys league dinner and allot of our supporters have table's or are invited to this. But it will be the players decision what happens here.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://www/qedsales.co.uk
Moggie

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Just bring it afew hours forward on the Saturday, then folk can do both. You can put on a free bar for an hour or so during the Scotland game Trouper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am

You wouldn't be suprised if some Vale players or officials have probably got tickets hence the reason they'd prefer it on the Friday.
Back to top Go down
shaunyboy69

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 am

they did that last year when we played macedonia i think? it was a half 12 kick off too... And that was against vale as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/SAR-SFC
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:47 am

If the game will have an effect on the gate then they need to look at it. We are always been told that all clubs need as much cash as they can. I don't think its a big problem in the north as it is in the central belt. Some don't care,some would like to do both.
Back to top Go down
Andy Troup

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 am

As i said before it will be down to the player to decide if they want to change this fixture and for your free bar comment i would easily buy you free drink during the scotland game Moggie ( Just Moggie) no problem at all...... Very Happy Razz Very Happy As it is normal when you are out as you never have that wallet out....
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 am

probably irrelevant, but Nairn v Turriffs been moved to the friday night SmileSmile

at least one club agrees with my thoughts on this issue!
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 am

i olso beleive that the formartine loco's game has been changed to the friday aswell
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Has anything being decided yet?
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:15 am

It would a shame if it is on Friday night as most will probably know the Boys League 50th Anniversary Dinner is on that night and there are a lot of fans going to the dinner
Back to top Go down
Andy Troup

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Folks,
After allot of talking between ourselves, Deveronvale and the Players it has been decided that the match will be changed to the Friday night with an 8pm kick off.

Andy
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 am

Well that is very sad as a lot of fans will miss the game due to have committed to take tables at the Boys League 50th Anniversary Dinner
Back to top Go down
SAM

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:27 am

I note that discussions have taken place with everyone except the fans.

Did we not play Vale in an early saturday kick off previously due to a Scotland game and what was wrong with that solution on this occasion.

I seem to remember players saying in the past that matches should be played on saturday if possible. What has changed this time ?

Boys League doo going to have a huge effect on the numbers of Huntly fans able to go to the the match.

Surely this should have been taken into account
Back to top Go down
Fraser Newlands

Fraser Newlands

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:29 am

Think the club was in a lose lose situation here, Deveronvale would be am sure pushing for the friday night game, so's not to lose out on gate money, where as Huntly with no money to lose wouldn't have minded.

From a personal point of view, as someone who wasn't going to the boys league dinner but was going to hampden means i'll now get to see both games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:39 am

I'm stuck in the middle with this issue. With the supporters club hat on,it will have an effect on our bus. If this was a home game I think the game would have not moved but its not. I'm in the same position as fraser that I was not going to the dinner but I'm going to hampden so its worked out for me.
Back to top Go down
Andy Troup

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:04 am

Guys i spoke to Alan Mitchell about this and he told me it would NOT affect the boy's league dinner as people have already committed to this. The clubs needed to make a quick decision and after talking with Alan (who is organising the BL Dance) and the majority of the players it was decided that Friday was best all round.
I totaly understand that this will effect the croud and maybe even the supporters club a little but we have always said it would be the players choice as after all it is them who are playing the game.
I total understand we was not going to please everyone and i can only apologise to those who we have upset but that was always going to be the case.

Andy
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:53 am

so once a.h has gone . . . . . .

one of his pet hates finally gets addressed!

dont know if im happy or not. silent
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:56 am

a.h wrote:

dont know if im happy or not. silent

we're not really bothered to be honest!

I'm due at a wedding in Banff on the Saturday so don't mind the move to Friday but on the other hand I had been asked to attend the Boys League 50th
Back to top Go down
Andy Troup

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:07 pm

Yes AH once you have gone everything changes so dont hurry back .... affraid Very Happy Razz lol! ha ha ha ha ha ....... look forward to seeing you against Turriff
Back to top Go down
Alan R

Alan R

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Andy Troup wrote:
I totaly understand that this will effect the croud and maybe even the supporters club a little

I think it will affect the Supporters club more than a little. I doubt if many of our regulars will be going to Hampden but if they are they were going to miss the Deveronvale game anyway. There are however many of our regulars going to the Boys League event so this looks like a loss making trip to Banff for the Supporters club.

I agree with SAM an early kick off on Saturday would have been better and as he says everybody seems to have been consulted except the Supporters, oh and the Fan's liason officer. Well what's new there?
Back to top Go down
Danny

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Alan R wrote:
I agree with SAM an early kick off on Saturday would have been better and as he says everybody seems to have been consulted except the Supporters

Ever considered if PLAYERS are going to the scotland game? If both clubs would lose players then ofcourse it would be on friday.
Back to top Go down
Alan R

Alan R

Number of posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 pm

Danny wrote:
Alan R wrote:
I agree with SAM an early kick off on Saturday would have been better and as he says everybody seems to have been consulted except the Supporters

Ever considered if PLAYERS are going to the scotland game? If both clubs would lose players then ofcourse it would be on friday.

I don't see how players could be going to the Scotland game when their own kick was 3pm on Saturday scratch At least they certainly shouldn't be!
Back to top Go down
Andy Troup

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:16 am

As i said before we would not please everyone as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deveronvale v Huntly   Deveronvale v Huntly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deveronvale v Huntly
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next