Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deveronvale 6-0 Huntly

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike McBain

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Deveronvale 6-0 Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Deveronvale 6-0 Huntly   Deveronvale 6-0 Huntly Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:35 pm

This is my 2nd attempt at a match report as Mylo wiped off my 1st efter I had finished.

A difficult game for us wi a depleted squad cos o holidays and injuries and wi the way we've been playin lately it was ai goin to be hard. Deveronvale were the better team on the nite but I think if we'd played them at the start of the season it would hav been alot closer, maybe even beat them.
The game started even enuff but Deveronvale took the lead when a cross looped over Gary's head and snuck in at the back post. 1-0. We created a few openins efter this but nae clear enuff to trouble the keeper. Late in the half the Vale scored 2 goals, the 1st was a breakaway from 1 of oor corners, the second was allowin a split second to much space in midfield and they played a good ba through for a half time score o 3-0. At half time Jamies granny went on to gie the ref a row for his disgrace o a 1st half, mare aboot that efter.
2nd half was mare o the same, us gettin sae far withoot threatenin to much and Deveronvale pressin for mare goals. The ref though, was absolutly shockin wi some o the worst decisions you'll ever see in your life. He let the Vale off wi a barra load o hand ba's, throw ins were sometimes given too whichever team picked up the ba 1st or whichever way the Vale linesman gave. Foul's he gave now and then(dodgy for both teams) and as the game wore on his crappy decisions seemed to dishearten us. Vale though ran oot 6-0 winners.
We played awa at times last nite withoot really threatenin, but the attitude was good fae the whole team. Jamie had a good 1st half in centre mid, Grant was solid there the whole game, Neal and Ross good on the right in the 1st half again, Steven organised the defence well and Gary was blameless in goals. The speakin was alot better but we still to often hav 2 players goin for the same ba then leavin it for each other to deal with in a polite after you manner. Jamie got the players man of the match award. The ref didna cost us the game wi his pathetic performance but for me he spoiled a good game. He was nae way near fit enuff to be on the pitch and was never in a good enuff position to see or give any proper decision, even if he was he bottled them. The amount of hand ba's the Vale did was unreal, all blatant, but he jist waved them on.
team 1 GARY MCWILLIAM 2 NEAL WEIR 3 DANIEL ASTRIDGE 4 STEVEN SINGER 5 RORY STEPHEN(c) 6 GRANT SCOWEN 7 JAMIE GOODALL 8 ROSS MACKIE 9 LIAM DONALDSON 10 DARREN MANSON 11 IAN CRUICKSHANK..........subs CONNER MCWILLIAM, MATHEW HENDERSON(T), KIEREN FAE TURRA(T)
Back to top Go down

Deveronvale 6-0 Huntly
Page 1 of 1