Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Formartine vs Huntly

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaveB

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Formartine vs Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Formartine vs Huntly   Formartine vs Huntly Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:18 pm

With Nathan staying in the 13s, & Grahame having done last years match write ups, I don't know if anyone has planned to write these matches up or not. So, in the absence of anything else...

The first match of the season saw Huntly 14s away to Formartine at Oldmeldrum, on a lovely sunny morning.

As last years 13s meeting, it was a very competitive game, with both sides having their share of chances in the first half, but playing downhill perhaps Huntly should have finished ahead. A bit more belief in their shooting ability in front of goal perhaps would have done, and would have capitalised on the good work being done from defence and down the wings, but I’m sure that will come as the season progresses.

HT 1-1

The second half proved a bit more interesting, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons, with Formartine quickly adding to their tally, including a soft penalty.

Huntly however continued to press, arguably had the better of the game, and quickly pulled one back, but with the score at three two, a small altercation took place which led to a Huntly forward being red carded, and eventually one Formartine player too. I think the Huntly players card is to be appealed, so I’d best not dwell.

This was quickly followed by a terrible challenge on the Huntly keeper which saw him having to be substituted through injury, and a 5 minute hiatus whilst injuries were dealt with. Underway once more Huntly were continuing to press, and were in the ascendency, when the game once more came to an abrupt halt as yet another late challenge in the midfield saw another Huntly lad airborne & having to be substituted through injury, and a yellow card was isssued to Formartine.

Full time saw the score 4-3 to Formartine, but the Huntly lads really should take huge credit for keeping their heads & discipline in the face of terrible challenges, injuries, red cards, and worse. And, without these events and the softest penalty award you’ll ever see awarded to a home side outside of Ibrox Wink they would have easily taken at least a draw.

FT Formartine 4 - 3 Huntly

Team::

Calum Ross
James Bremner
Michael McIntosh
Greg McInnes
Jack Meinen
Lewis Whyte
Johnnie Pratt
Darren Manson
Mathew Henderson
Kieran Reilly
Lee Alexander

Subs
Connor Merson
Callum Duncan
Jordon Russell
Daniel Astridge

I think I may have missed another Callum? If so my apologies. I'll check.
Back to top Go down

Formartine vs Huntly
Page 1 of 1