Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huntly v Rothes

Go down 
+4
Bovril Mars Bar Please
SAM
Shrek
huntlyfc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 pm

appointments for tomorrow went onto the news section last week
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
Shrek

Shrek

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:10 am

Weel that was hard work today! It was an important win with buckie and cove both dropping ponits! The positives for me today were the performances of Redford and Rossco who i thought were the best players today! Taylor did well when he came on. The trailist didn't look match fit at all and for me didn't do much to impress!
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:18 am

you know you're seeing a strange game when both Neil & Skins are on target Shocked
Back to top Go down
SAM

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:47 am

I do not often criticise but what the hell was the manager doing today.
Ok there is a big pool but trying to keep all happy never works.
Total nightmare today and not the first time he has changed the line up for no reason.
As far as i am aware he has never made a change at half time before so why today 2 changes and Trialist, Booth and Dorat who have not played a full 90 min for months still on the park,
Come on Dave you have to play your best team from the start and then change if things are going to plan.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:20 am

SAM wrote:

As far as i am aware he has never made a change at half time before

only about 7 times this season
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

Number of posts : 1524

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 am

Well me and my management team werna happy with today.
The 'first team' need match practice after the long lay off.
Especially with Vale and Cove coming up.
The view seems to be that Rothes would be a soft touch.
Play your best team every week and bring squad players on when the game is won.
Following a management committee meeting after the match I can confirm that Shrek has agreed to stand down as co motivational coach
He as agreed to Foof's suggestion and taken up the position of team nutritionist.
Nice one Foof Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jamieson

Jamieson

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 am

didnt get to match as was busy trying to beat students at egg chasing

though it seems the punters were nae happy with squad selection

can see some good q at Forum the morn
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Have to agree, think you should always start with your strongest side - then change things about providing the game is 'won'
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:14 pm

i can agree with the team selection even though i was dissapointed with it changing, after a 7 week lay off with no games and then 7 games in 21 days the manager has to do what he thinks is best for the team and give players a rest or they will pick up little niggles if there playing so many games in a short space off time, buckie lost, cove drew an we won so the manager took a risk with the team selection and it paid off
Back to top Go down
SAM

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 pm

But my point was that it was a huge risk to start the game with so many players who had no competitive 90 minutes in months and then compound that decision by making 2 tactical changes at half time and still expect Booth Dorrat and Mcginlay to last until full time.
We got out of jail big time but it is not the first time that he has made major changes to starting 11 and almost come unstuck.
Back to top Go down
SAM

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:26 pm

By the way Grant how many of the 7 changes were injury related and not tactical.
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

Number of posts : 1524

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 pm

A few of the Jags fans are blaming yesterday's performance at Locos on squad rotation.
With the inevitable injuries and suspensions everyone will get their turn.
Yesterday was the wrong time to do it.
The first team need to be 'in a groove'
with Vale,Cove,Nairn,and Buckie coming up.
Back to top Go down
MARTIN

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:47 am

Firstly,why do players need a rest when they have played twice in two months?After a long lay off players need games to get back match sharpness.This garbage about players needing a rest really irritates me,at this level players just want to play in games.If, as Mcgin has stated that Taylor is important to the way the team play,surely him more than anyone should have been playing yesterday.The only saving grace was the fact that we won the game,everything else went wrong!From the starting XI,to the timing of the subs,to the playing with ten men,to the walking wounded at the end, and in the last 15mins the complete lack of shape when players were running about all over the place Rothes equalizing would have been the icing on the cake!Im sure in hindsight Mcgin would have done things differently.I know it wont be said publicly but Rothes were seen as being "easy" hence the team selection,would the same tactics have been employed if we were playing a team like Forres or Keith?In my opinion you should always play your best team, then if the game is safe then you can "rest" players.I was really impressed with Ross Mckenzie yesterday he was by miles the best player on the park,also Redford played well.We are in a good position in the League lets hope we can keep it going in the tough run of games coming up.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:33 am

MARTIN wrote:
I was really impressed with Ross Mckenzie yesterday he was by miles the best player on the park

we added an interview with the man himself to the features section this morning
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Huntly v Rothes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huntly v Rothes   Huntly v Rothes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Huntly v Rothes
Page 1 of 1