Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buckie Thistle v Huntly

Go down 
+5
arneng10
kathleen
Bovril Mars Bar Please
Fraser Newlands
huntlyfc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Buckie Thistle v Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:34 am

a reminder that if you are unable to make it to Victoria Park tonight you can follow our live score feed (links on front page and the matches menu).

If you are heading through and would like to join our player rater to grade the team performance links can be found on the front page and stats section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
Fraser Newlands

Fraser Newlands

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:43 am

Really looking forward to tonights game, seen Buckie on 4 occasions this season, good organised team, although their starting line-up changes week-on-week still a good team. The boy Zander Sutherland has a lot of pace on the wings if he's playing will be a big threat, would think putting Ross McKenzie up against him would be the perfect match-up.

Think Huntly have the abilty to win this game providing we have our strongest team out. We'll need vast improvment from this saturday where formation wise it looked like we where playing with a left winger and 3 centre midfielders. Brems has to start tonight's game, this is no disrespect to Neil only seen him play twice, but Brems is the best keeper in the league(he knows the rest of the quote) and this is are biggest game of the season so far.

Come on the Huntly !!! Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_exclaim !!!
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

Number of posts : 1524
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:40 am

Good result tonight.
We went missing in the first half but much better after the break.
Well done for plugging away on a pudding of a pitch.
Not happy with Brems being sidelined,very harsh on him which is not deserved.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 am

not the best of underfoot conditions a great goal for the equaliser from Guildy!
Back to top Go down
Fraser Newlands

Fraser Newlands

PostSubject: re Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:04 am

huntlyfc wrote:
not the best of underfoot conditions

Think we'll be hearing this excuse churned out alot over the coming weeks!

Thought a draw was a good result in the end for us tonight, because at times we where there for the taking!

Didn't agree with the 3-5-2 formation, maybe it would have worked better had Buckie been playing the same. Can't understand why you would have a lad who has been playing at right back most of the season playing left wing back, and your left winger from saturday playing right wing back. Guild, Gray and Soane in the middle of the park didn't work for me, Guild and Soane weren't the attacking threat that they have/could been/be. (Yes i know guildy scored)

For a manager that says he doesn't make subs for the sake of making subs, why take Mikey off after 5 mins into the second half, when he looked lively of the two strikers, and is a bit more used to getting pushed around by bullies of centre halfs. Takes trialist on for Taylor with Dorret still on the bench who would have put himself about alot more! First the trialist gets in the bench ahead of him at Brora, then gets on the park ahead of him at Buckie, I know i wouldn't be chuffed about that. Only sub I agreed with tonight was Coco coming on because it put Ross over to the right and a natural leftie on the left. Shame he was harshly sent off.

On the goalie front, think the Number 1 spot should be earned and after two games I wouldn't say its been earned at all. Get Brems back between the sticks, helps with the long ball tactic we revert to when chasing the game, ball over the top only works when the keeper can knock the ball over the defenders, Hastie's kicking just isn't up to scratch.

On the positive Redford and Skinner I thought were are best players on the park for us today, even if Skinner was lucky to be on the park for a tackle Sherk Muir would be proud of.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am

Fraser Newlands wrote:

On the positive Redford and Skinner I thought were are best players on the park for us today

think I better take a lie down! Fraser has praised Skins for the first time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Hard worked draw, it was a point a lot of us would have setttled for before the game - a strike from Guildy - pity aboot the header though! Thought Coco was harshly sent off as there were certainly worse tackles in the game, also thought Neily won the ball in his tackle. Would have liked to have seen Dorrat on at some point as he can rummel things up but then again he probably would have been either booked or sent off the way things were going last night
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Very good tactical analysis from Fraser. Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_cyclops
And his point about Brems is spot on.
No one would deny that competition is good for Brems.
But why has Hastie walked straight into the team, when Brems has done nothing wrong ?
Its a big kick in the teeth for him and he was missed last night.
We have gone from a keeper who launches space shuttles to one who looks like he is kicking a medicine ball.
Roll on the Fans Forum Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Fraser Newlands

Fraser Newlands

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:38 pm

huntlyfc wrote:
Fraser Newlands wrote:

On the positive Redford and Skinner I thought were are best players on the park for us today

think I better take a lie down! Fraser has praised Skins for the first time! Very Happy

It's not the first time, just the first time on the forum!
Back to top Go down
arneng10

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 am

I think that a draw was a gd result for us! I thought that we gt stuck in the second half bt the first half was jst mince! I dont think that gray,guildy, and soane worked in the middle for me! gt Soane oot right! and as for Brems i think that he should be bck in the sticks as hes done nothing wrong! I think its Hastie that should be fighting for the no 1 shirt not the other way around! didnt understand the Ewen sub thought he was the more alert striker of the 2. also when coco gt harshly sent off i wld have gt dorrat on wide left we Taylor coming off.
Back to top Go down
Shrek

Shrek

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:04 am

As evey1 has said very gd result for us last nite! dissapponited to see dorrat not getting a chance again instead of trailist. what ive seen of him in his two games hasn't bein gr8 he scored against brora but did little else. when he came on last nite he didn't offer very much. I thought Ewen was one of our better players in first half looked lively and created a few chances so to see him taking off in first 5 mins of 2nd half was strange! As every1 else has said Brems dosen't deserve to be sitting on the bench when he is the best keeper in the league and has done nothing wrong.
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:00 am

i always thought this game would be a draw an glad i was right, we created a few half chances in the first half an was shocked when mikey was taking off so early in the first half, thought dorrat should have came on before trialist, he knows what to expect and his strength an determination to drive forward might have helped us sneak a second goal,
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 pm

certainly felt into the second half we created a few more chances following the introduction of Andrzej, he was giving Mackinnon problems when he came on
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:16 am

huntlyfc wrote:
certainly felt into the second half we created a few more chances following the introduction of Andrzej, he was giving Mackinnon problems when he came on

but the team created a few chances in the first half and taylor had just as many misplaced passes in the 2nd half as he did in the first
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:37 am

FooF wrote:
huntlyfc wrote:

but the team created a few chances in the first half and taylor had just as many misplaced passes in the 2nd half as he did in the first
so, do you think Taylor should've been hooked instead?
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:53 am

yeah off the 2 strikers i thought taylor should have came off and had Kleczkowski an mikey up front for their pace
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:02 am

But foof, on the other hand, that's two games running that when Andrzej has come on and Ewen subbed we've ended up scoring. Taylor may not be scoring regularly but he's making chances for those around him!
Back to top Go down
Shrek

Shrek

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:10 am

yeh thats true bt grant if i remember taylor wasn't on the pitch when we scored against brora.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:29 am

Shrek wrote:
yeh thats true bt grant if i remember taylor wasn't on the pitch when we scored against brora.
True, but in the last three games played, richie has created a large number of attacking chances we've had and gave opposing defences problems.
Back to top Go down
Fraser Newlands

Fraser Newlands

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 am

I wouldn't have taken either striker off, give them time to play together! i don't agree Andrzej gave MacKinnon any more problems than Mikey did, and Mikey moans less about being bullied by centre halfs.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:02 am

Fraser Newlands wrote:
I wouldn't have taken either striker off, give them time to play together!

started the last 4 games together
Back to top Go down
Shona

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:45 am

Bovril Mars Bar Please wrote:
Very good tactical analysis from Fraser. Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_cyclops

The coaching badges have not been wasted then Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_basketball
Back to top Go down
Fraser Newlands

Fraser Newlands

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 am

huntlyfc wrote:
Fraser Newlands wrote:
I wouldn't have taken either striker off, give them time to play together!

started the last 4 games together

Very rarely finished the game together which was my point of "give them time to play together"
Back to top Go down
buckiejagsman

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:51 am

Highlights
Highland League
Buckie Thistle V Huntly
FIRST HALF
SECOND HALF
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 am

buckiejagsman wrote:
Highlights
Highland League
Buckie Thistle V Huntly
FIRST HALF
SECOND HALF

Cheers BJM...think I'll just watch the 2nd half Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buckie Thistle v Huntly   Buckie Thistle v Huntly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buckie Thistle v Huntly
Page 1 of 1