Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turriff United v Huntly

Go down 
+13
Huntly Don
SAM
Bovril Mars Bar Please
Alan G
The Moose
FooF
bankie jimbo
robbie
shaun the sheep
kathleen
a.h
Alan R
huntlyfc
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

Turriff United v Huntly Empty
PostSubject: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 8:03 am

referee appointments went onto the news section yesterday
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
Alan R

Alan R

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:31 pm

huntlyfc wrote:
referee appointments went onto the news section yesterday

Did we really need to be told this 5 times?
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 10:30 am

Aparently Formartine 16s vs Westdyke's game tomorrow (1.30 kick off) has been moved to Turriff so expect a bigger amass of cars than normal at the game tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: match updates   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:38 pm

for those of you not travelling to Turriff today, remember that goal updates will be available on the usual section
Back to top Go down
shaun the sheep

shaun the sheep

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:49 am

quote of the day from the man were not allowed to mention at half-time there`s only one team going to win this game. Makes a change for him to be wrong
doesn`t it
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:58 am

lets be honest Shaun, neither of those teams are going to win the League this season.

Satisfaction from me that we outplayed you lot twice in what will become two meaningless games.
Back to top Go down
shaun the sheep

shaun the sheep

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 am

yet again I think you have just won us the league by saying that. cheers santa
Back to top Go down
robbie

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:30 am

I even heard Turriff fans slagging a certain Turriff fan, they don't want him either - fact! Made me laugh anyway.
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:37 am

a.h wrote:

its only half time in this six pointer.

lets be honest Shaun, neither of those teams are going to win the League this season.

Satisfaction from me that we outplayed you lot twice in what will become two meaningless games.

Yip and we won all 6 points !
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 am

Again not pretty stuff. The way we lost the goal was shocking. It's another win, 6pts out of 6 against turra. 7 QUID TO GET IN!!! they kept that quiet.
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 am

out played us twice..hmm maybe last 15 minutes off game, your goal game from a howler from brems an i'm sure he'll admit he was at fault for it, felt the manager made the substitutions at the wrong time an shouldn have taken mikey off, but sayin that a win's a win and top off the league on our own now!!!
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 am

bankie jimbo wrote:
Again not pretty stuff. The way we lost the goal was shocking. It's another win, 6pts out of 6 against turra. 7 QUID TO GET IN!!! they kept that quiet.

aye think the price was steep today to cover the flood damage!!!
Back to top Go down
kathleen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:45 am

Just in case anyone doesnt know the score

Turriff (1)

Huntly (2) Taylor and Ewen

Now top of the league Turriff United v Huntly Icon_biggrin Turriff United v Huntly Icon_biggrin

Last edited by kathleen on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Moose

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:48 am

I asked for presents from Turra in my predictor. and that is what we got ( 3 league points ,2 gifted goals and a partridge in a pear tree.) All sing along please.
I also see someone else wanted presents from Turra but Turriff United v Huntly Icon_santa did not deliver to him ,.
Well done to Huntly F.C. Up there challenging with the best of the teams hard game on a heavy pitch and winning ugly that is the way it goes.
Well done to the whole team ,management ,and backroom staff.
Keep it up.
The Moose.
Back to top Go down
Alan G

Alan G

Number of posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 am

a.h wrote:

Maybe we winna win the League this season A H, but at least we are in with a right good shout now! Remember virtually all the HFL fraternity wrote us off before the season had started, maybe we are making them all think again now. Anybody who has followed championship winning teams (at any level) knows that if you play badly and still win the actual game, then you must be doing something right! This is often true of championship contenders in any league, as you canna possibly play "well" AND win all the time, sometimes you have got to win "ugly".

Sounds a bitty like grapes of the sour variety from Mr Hassan to me! Anyone else's thoughts?

Alan G.
Back to top Go down
bankie jimbo

bankie jimbo

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:06 am

I forgot to mention a big thanks to everybody who went on the supporters bus today,could have done with a few more Turriff United v Huntly Icon_sad but more than happy with the 40.
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

Number of posts : 1524

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:05 am

There was a young man from United
Who tended to get quite excited
He said 'we will win'
'To lose is a sin'
Now he lost twice, we're delighted
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:17 am

A man from Insch is in trouble
As Huntly burst his bubble
Home and away
His hair turns to grey
Tasting defeat at the double
Back to top Go down
Bovril Mars Bar Please

Bovril Mars Bar Please

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:26 am

'Can we play you every week ? '
This song is hardly unique
We will sing it aloud
In tones strong and proud
So shut up, sit down , dinna speak

Turriff United v Huntly Icon_cheers Turriff United v Huntly Icon_bounce Turriff United v Huntly Icon_biggrin Turriff United v Huntly Icon_cheers Turriff United v Huntly Icon_bounce Turriff United v Huntly Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
SAM

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:46 am

League table never lies Huntly 1st Turriff 12th
Huntly 21 points in front
Huntly +39 goals in front
Oh and one game in hand

As I said before the best thing that happened during the close season was you changing colours.

And by the comments from genuine Turriff fans at the game today they wished that you had not bothered.

Cheers A--- H---
Back to top Go down
Huntly Don

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:08 am

I have got to be honest and say I thought it was one of the worst performances of the season from us but fair play we dug deep to get the 3 pts, on a very heavy pitch. I thought we started brightly and for 1st 30 mins, were in complete control, had we got a 2nd probably would have dominated the game. I thought it was worst I have seen keeper and the back line play for a long time, ok we know the goal was a howler and these things happen but there was no communication between keeper and defence especally from corners and free kicks. The defence didn't know when to step up and play offside and when to stay deep, we lacked a leader at the heart of the defence. I hope its a wake up call cause had Turriff been anything special we would have lost comfortably. Im happy that were top but I reckon Mcginlay will know its a false position and a top 4 place would be a decent season, especially after the dissapointment of the last couple of seasons. Sorry to be a bit defeatist but I think you have to be realistic after watching that.
Back to top Go down
Premnay

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 am

1-0 v Cove, Vale & Locos; three teams who might have been many people's idea of most of the top three positions this season. This team's got something. You'll get poorer performances now and then.
Back to top Go down
robbie

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Radio Scotland tonight   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:38 am

Did anyone else hear Radio Scotland about half 5 inite when Richard Gordon passed our score to one of the reporters?
Canna remember his name but just wondered if anyone knows what that was about?
Didn't really catch why, but is one of the Radio Scotland reporters a Huntly fan? Or Turra?
Back to top Go down
Jamieson

Jamieson

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 am

I see Alan Redford was on the bench today.

Was he making up numbers ie no other fit players OR is Alan now fit and ready to challenge for a place It would be good if he is.

Is Si still working or was he injured
Back to top Go down
Jockmchairybaas

Jockmchairybaas

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Charlie mann is a huntly loon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turriff United v Huntly   Turriff United v Huntly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turriff United v Huntly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next