Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

player rater

Go down 
+2
huntlyfc
a.h
6 posters
AuthorMessage
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:06 am

why are we not allowed to vote for mo as man of the match, as on the bus on the way home we all kind of agreed he was who we were voting for.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

Number of posts : 2047
Registration date : 2008-02-26

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 am

a.h wrote:
why are we not allowed to vote for mo as man of the match, as on the bus on the way home we all kind of agreed he was who we were voting for.

you can hardly give someone who was on the pitch for 12 minutes man of the match
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntlyfc.co.uk
a.h

a.h

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:46 am

huntlyfc wrote:
a.h wrote:

you can hardly give someone who was on the pitch for 12 minutes man of the match

his contribution to the match in those 12 minutes won us the game !
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:56 am

a.h wrote:

well after moans and a lack of response most weeks I think that next Saturday against Forres will see an end to this feature.... it's not worth me wasting time to code it all and stick it onto the site if hardly anyone bothers to use the feature
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:37 pm

huntlyfc wrote:
a.h wrote:

well after moans and a lack of response most weeks I think that next Saturday against Forres will see an end to this feature.... it's not worth me wasting time to code it all and stick it onto the site if hardly anyone bothers to use the feature

sour grapes mr turner! all i asked was for my right to vote for Big Mo as man of the match, along with a number of other potential "voters".
By not including a man who took to the field, your current poll is undemocratic, and as a politician you cannot expect me to be happy with it as a result, and I will not vote for you until he is on there.

I am still also baffled why you feel 13 minutes is not enough time on the football field to make a difference to a team.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:57 pm

we are now into the second season with the player rater and you choose the second last game of this season to moan that subs can't get man of the match for playing 12 minutes.
Back to top Go down
FooF

FooF

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-03-10

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 am

ah a sub has never been able to be voted m.o.m before, so why are u looking for something else to moan about
Back to top Go down
shaunyboy69

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-03-04

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:25 pm

ah. can i ask why you are saying sour grapes to grant taking off the ratings thing at the end of the season, thats not sour grapes, sour grapes is someone trying to delete the predictor lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/SAR-SFC
shanksie

shanksie

Number of posts : 236

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 am

In fairness to what ah is trying to say, why shouldn't a sub be able to win m.o.t.m? He also maybe didn't ask before because a sub never made such an impact on a match, in his opinion before.
I don't know if mo made such an amazing contribution or not but it is concievable for someone to impact a match in a short space of time!
It's a funny old game after all!
Arshavin did four things in a game where Liverpool totally over-ran Arsenal last night! Barely touched the ball all night but that four things he did do won him man of the match due to the devastating impact!
Back to top Go down
Jamieson

Jamieson

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-03-08

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:45 am

Shanksie

Big Mo did certainly have an effect he easily won his fair share of headers when he came on gave the central defenders a hard time BUT most of all the ball stayed up there as he could shield it and the wee through ball to Garret was a peach

I did consider him for MoM too but gave it to K McKenzie who is always talking/organising
Back to top Go down
shanksie

shanksie

Number of posts : 236

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 am

Just the sheer fact you considered him proves it is concievable for a sub to win MoM and that ah has a valid point in wanting the option to vote for him.

In fairness to Grant he's maybe had it as a wee unwritten rule that a sub is not eligible for MoM since it began.
Back to top Go down
huntlyfc
Admin
huntlyfc

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 am

shanksie wrote:

In fairness to Grant he's maybe had it as a wee unwritten rule that a sub is not eligible for MoM since it began.

the breakdown of the player marks are on every player rater form and have been since the start of 2007/08 season:

Player Started Match 1-10
Player came on as a 1st half sub 1-7
45-90 1-6
50-90 1-5
60-90 1-4
70-90 1-3
80-90 1-2

any subs coming on scoring get an extra point to their possible vote totals e.g Scotty could get anywhere between a 1-6 for coming on before the hour mark.

if a player has limped off injured or been subbed early in the first half (like Dale on Saturday) then you'd use the same sort of time restraints as the subs.

I wasn't going to do what some of the Sunday papers do and just give subs a 6 for the sake of getting on the pitch even through like is done with majority of premiership games.

I was saying to Shaun the sheep and Bovril tonight that we have possibly the most interactive and informative site in the Highland League as you don't even see SFL teams having audio interviews with both sides followed by the chance to grade your players performances each week. And all news is directly from the club too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

player rater Empty
PostSubject: Re: player rater   player rater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

player rater
Page 1 of 1