Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
please login to view these pages
Huntly FC Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huntly FC Forums

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

under 17s highland dev

Go down 
+3
Alan G
a.h
The Reporter
7 posters
AuthorMessage

under 17s highland dev Empty
PostSubject: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Well done to the 17s who beat Formartine 19s at Oldmeldrum last Monday.
We play Banks o Dee 17s today at 1.30 in Huntly so come down and cheer us on.
Back to top Go down
The Reporter

The Reporter

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Under 17 Youth Development   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:12 am

Perhaps someone from the Youth Committee would like to come on here and give us the facts regarding the Youth Development arrangements pertaining to the Under 17's set up before rumour and speculation take over.
The Aberdeen & District Juvenile side certainly have no knowledge at the moment of any opportunities to play for the Under 17 Highland League side.
In the meantime would the players please refrain from making comments until the facts are known.
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 am

Reporter - am I right in thinking Lewis United didnt even have an Under 16's last season and these guys are probably playing an age group above themselves ahead of our own very successful last season's 16's??
Back to top Go down
The Reporter

The Reporter

PostSubject: Youth Development   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:06 am

That's correct. They played last year as Under 15's but I believe they will not play in the Under 16 Aberdeen and District League this season.
Back to top Go down
Alan G

Alan G

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:20 am

As a Youth Commitee member, (elected nae long ago, admittedly), I DON'T even know anything about this 17's Development team!! But I would say that I would've thought our own successful 17's team should have players featuring in it and surely the whole reason for the existence of Huntly Youth F C is to produce home-grown local talent. This is obviously working, as our teams are all quite successful in their own age groups and leagues and we've recently been given our Quality Mark Award.

At the end of the day, do we really want to go down the route of Keith, and bus in a load of Aberdeen loons (Lewis United???) every weekend to play for our H L development team? I'm sure all the hard work put in (and from my own point of view the VAST mileage!!) by our own Coaches (remember I'm also one of them) at Huntly Youth F C should be recognised by our players getting a chance of playing for the H L development team, not just Lewis United!! This is BOUND to lead to conflict if it is not addressed.

A rather concerned,

Alan Gordon. (Under 15's Asst. Coach and Youth Commitee Member).
Back to top Go down
a.h

a.h

Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 am

anyone know/care about the score of this game?
Back to top Go down
champman

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Regarding the email above about youth development,i have serous concerns about this,as a team eg Huntly we have to progress from Youths through to the 1st team which will benefit us in the long run,We approached lewis united and ask them to come under us and help them progress through our youth system which we are delighted that they agreed to this,they are very strong in all age groups and if they can help us along with our own Group of players this will make huntly stronger,Myself & Charlie are taking some of Lewis 19s for our 21s and we believe these guys have a bright future, in the long run this will save the club money in future Transfers,we as Coaches at Huntly really need to pull Together and take the best from Lewis utd and Huntly and build a strong team & relationship as Lewis are making a big effort and Travelling up and down the road to represent us

thanks

Ally Mcginlay
Back to top Go down
Alan G

Alan G

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:29 pm

Ally, I'm just sticking up for Huntly Youth F C, that's all!!! I think Huntly Youth F C (Aberdeen Juvenile League Teams), are doing a great job, and the Quality Mark Award is proof of this. I DO NOT have an issue with our link up with Lewis United, and getting their best players WILL prove good for the club, as you say. But, remember our own lads that are coming through the ranks must still be given a decent chance aswell, this is why the Huntly Youth F C set-up exists, after all.

Alan G.
Back to top Go down
The Reporter

The Reporter

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 am

champman,

Alan's post refers to Huntly's u17 Youth team and as yet no local players have been approached to play in the 17's Highland League team and it would appear that at least two games have already been played.
Back to top Go down
Shona

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:48 am

The ultimate aim of Huntly Youth FC is to produce players to play for Huntly FC 1st team progressing through the age groups. Obviously not all players will make it, some will fall by the wayside and some may move on to other teams, possibly Junior, possible Amateur. However NOT to give the existing under 17s players, the majority of whom have played for Huntly for the past 3 years, a chance to play for the new Highland League Development Under 17s is certainly NOT living ANY of the values that I thought both Huntly FC & Huntly Youth FC stand for.

How Ally Mcginlay thinks that taking in players from outside the Club at Under 17s level is progressing Huntly players through the ranks is beyond me. I understand this at 19s level, but when you have an existing team at this age group, and a team who have been playing well together for 3 years, why have they not been given a chance? That's not taking the best from Lewis Utd and Huntly, that's taking only Lewis Utd.

I know from 1st hand experience that a tremendous amount of work went into getting the Youth set up where it is today, from 1 team a couple of years ago to 5 teams this season, and hopefully this will continue. However, as the Reporter says none of the boys have even been approached, and if the coaches of the Highland Development Youth teams continue to ignore the boys and not give them the opportunity...........well I do not need to spell it out, do I?

Shona Newlands
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:43 pm

Huntly started the 17s development season in fine style with a 3-2 victory over Inverurie Locos last Sunday. With a break in the fixtures over the next couple of weeks it is a chance to look at all the players, starting on Sunday with a training session at Oldmeldrum, (beside the play park) all players should be there for 11.00am.
Back to top Go down
shaunyboy69

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:09 am

im confused, that was the 17s playing against locos, wheres the likes of scott law, callum mcintosh, danny ross, greg dorrat against the locos, im sure they werna playing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/SAR-SFC
The Reporter

The Reporter

PostSubject: U17 HL Youth   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 pm

I am informed that the 17's former coach was asked to submit names of suitable Huntly loons for consideration for the new Under 17 Highland League Youth team but for whatever reason it didn't happen.
However, Bob Scott, who is managing this team took the opportunity last week to take in the league match against Ellon and spoke to the loons after the game to explain that they are getting the chance to show what they can do. He indicated that one or two lads had impressed him and that he would take another look at them in a training match at Oldmeldrum (which was held yesterday).
So things are finally moving and hopefully on or two of the local loons will be playing in this team
soon.
Back to top Go down
halfway

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:35 pm

Scott Law, Callum McIntosh and Richard Brown all made their debuts for Huntly HL 17's v.
Deveronvale at Portsoy on Sunday along with 3 other Trialists from Formartine Utd. The backbone of the side being supplied by the young but talented Lewis Utd.

It was to be a noteable performance as all 16 lads combined to play very well on the park
at various stages during the match and ran out 9-2 victors over their opponents.

Andy Anderson grabbing 4 goals to his credit.

Their next match is against Buckie Thistle at home on Sunday 19th October 2008 at 2pm.

The lads I am sure would be glad of your support to help them make it 3 league wins on the trot.

We hope to see you their! Smile
Back to top Go down
halfway

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Huntly HL U17's 6 v. Buckie Thistle 4 (League Match).

STRIKERS TO THE FORE!

A game hampered by windy conditions made the match scrappy at times. However Huntly made a number of chances which kept the Buckie GK very busy and to his credit had some good saves during the match.

The plus factor to be taken from the game was that there were some excellent goals scored by all 4 strikers used during the match : Andy Anderson, Ian Rodger, Scott Law and Martin Boyle (3).

James Watson from Formartine U17's had a productive debut and looks as if he will be called up for further games.

The 17's now play Peterhead away from home on sunday - 2nd November 2008 and this match in what should also prove to be an exciting encounter.

ALL PLAYERS PLEASE NOTE : FRIENDLY v. FORMARTINE 19's on the Monday 27th October 2008 at Meldrum Academy all weather floodlight pitch, 7.45pm KO.

A re-arranged fixture v. Fraserburgh FC is also on the cards! You will be contacted in due course.
Back to top Go down
halfway

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:43 am

Match on the Sunday 9th November 2008 v. BROCH away.

Kick off 1pm. be there fore 12 noon at Bellslea Park or Astro Turf at Broch Beach!

You will be notified where venue is in due course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: under 17s highland dev   under 17s highland dev Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

under 17s highland dev
Page 1 of 1